The HC21 Group has a young and energetic team that takes an integrated approach to Medical Communications, working on a variety of exciting projects. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced back-end web developer to be introduced into the world of med comms and to join our expanding digital team at HealthCare21. We are looking for an innovative and creative individual with over 3 years’ strong, hands-on, relevant commercial experience working on bespoke web applications.
- PHP - 3 years’ minimum experience using object oriented PHP Including experience with 1 or more MVC Frameworks (CakePHP preference).
- Knowledge and experience working with CMS, including Drupal and WordPress.
- Full stack developer able to switch with ease between front- and back-end development in a LAMP server environment.
- Readily able to read pre-existing bespoke code and work to extend it using the conventions and standards established therein, while being a catalyst for improvement.
- Front-end web application development using HTML5, CSS3 and JQuery.
- Experience with cross-browser and optimisation techniques, including SEO techniques and tools such as Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools.
- Domain and hosting setup/configuration.
- Great communication skills - able to attend meetings with stakeholders and lend expert advice effectively communicating with those who do not have expert knowledge.
- Be able to multi-task while being thorough/precise in your work and able to effectively manage the workload to meet client deadlines and production targets.
Desirable but not essential:
- Understanding and experience of working within the Adobe Creative Suite, e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Some experience of eLearning and Learning Management Systems.
HC21 Group is a 20-year-old independent strategic medical communications company, supporting pharmaceutical companies active in specialty therapeutic areas through the development of highly relevant, technology-rich educational programmes and tools. HC21 Group includes HealthCare21 Medical Communications based in Macclesfield, where the position is based, and HEXAGON Medical Communications based near Hitchin, Hertfordshire. Our team combines strong scientific understanding and content development with a depth of technical know-how and many years’ international experience. The digital team serves both agencies. HC21 Group is proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Silver Standard, which demonstrates our commitment to realising the potential of our people.
Salary and benefits
We offer an excellent employment package. Salary is competitive, depending on experience
- Web Applications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job