Here at Next, we are looking for Developers to join our growing team and play a crucial role in helping to drive Next forward in a fast moving retail environment.
As a Developer / Senior Developer, you’ll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies. Ideally, you’ll have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, systems / business analysis and technical development.
About the Role
- Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document and implement test plans.
- Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, reports and business support as required
- Ensure that IT and business users are aligned at all times on the project aims and deliverables.
- Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key business users.
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate.
Essential Technical Skills
- Microsoft C# / .NET Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ T-SQL & Stored Procedures.
- XML / XMLT
Desirable Technical Skills
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- HTML 5 / CSS3
- Microsoft SQL Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'