Our client are a fast growing digital business.
The Developer-In-Test will be a constant role model for the company, providing well crafted, resilient solutions which enable the business to achieve the company’s strategic goals, give every customer (internal and external) a 'World Class Customer Experience’, and be a key participant in driving in our technology forward.
The role includes identifying, sharing and spreading best practise throughout the business, and demonstrating excellent team work across the departments.
You will be responsible for embedding testing culture within the development team, ensuring that a quality assurance mentality is demonstrated throughout the software development lifecycle. In addition you will also be expected to ensure our system operate in a predictable, secure, and reliable manner
You will be accountable to your team leader for producing high-quality solutions that meet specified requirements and are delivered when scheduled:
- At least two years’ experience of testing in an agile environment
- 'Test first’ mentality, and the willingness to champion testing throughout the SDLC
- Solid understanding of automation concepts i.e. what should/shouldn’t be automated and a desire to expedite repetitive tasks using an appropriate automated solution
- Good understanding of REST APIs and their concepts e.g. HTTP methods & response codes
- Ability to create, maintain and run automation tests
- Good working knowledge of PHP
- Working knowledge and experience of performance testing
- Solid understanding of manual test principles including Exploratory Testing and Session Based Test Management
- Working knowledge of Git
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Experience of building a test automation framework
- Experience in working with LAMP-based development tools including MySQL;
- Exposure to AWS architecture
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Programming experience, (ideally PHP) and the ability to contribute to code reviews;
- Experience of working with browser automation tools (e.g. Selenium).
- Experience in a continuous delivery development.
- Exposure of centralised logging and monitoring systems, such as New Relic, Graylog and statsD)
- Understanding of micro-service architecture
- Ability to mentor colleagues
Excellent package offered to the successful candidate.
- API development