A Software Test Engineer is now required to join our Cambridge development team, working on our market leading financial capital modelling software. This is a new position to meet the requirements of a growing team.
In this role you will contribute to the evolutionary development of advanced analytics and decision support software across all aspects of the development lifecycle. As a Software Developer in Test, you will work alongside the Software Engineers and Software Testers to ensure these products meet high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance.
This is an evolving role that will initially include:
- Working with the product owner and business analysts to translate user stories into test cases
- Participating in design meetings in order to ensure designs and implementations are testable
- Participating in retrospectives at the end of each sprint, in order to continually improve processes
- Working closely with the Software Engineers to ensure that testability and best practices are built in to the code
- Reviewing code, unit tests (C#, NUnit) and test data, to ensure comprehensive test coverage, both in terms of functional coverage and code coverage
- Implementation of unit tests (C#, NUnit)
- Identifying where automation of tests is appropriate
- Integration of test tools into the automated build process
- Execution of tests, both manual and automated, including exploratory testing, regression testing, verification of fixes
- Liaising with other testing teams within the company in order to share best practices
- Regression Testing
- Test Automation