Pioneering People…that’s who we’re looking for, and that’s what we are.
HR Software Specialists, CIPHR, delivers state-of-the-art IT solutions to HR professionals creating tangible added value to what they do best.
This is an exciting time to join us. Working for a market leader in the provision of SaaS delivered HR solutions to the SME market. New product releases and an aggressive growth strategy will ensure you’ll be challenged daily and allow you to demonstrate your creativity and flair.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including 23 days leave, plus Bank Holidays, a workplace pension, excellent training and development, private health insurance, group life assurances, health care cash plan and private dental.
CIPHR is a leading provider in SaaS delivered HR software for people and data management with a head office based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
This is a hands-on software development role working on a wide range of projects and technologies. As a developer you will work to develop, design and support new and existing product offerings. The role will involve working on all levels of the technology stack from the database to the user interface.
As part of the overall Information Technology Services team, you will ensure that you effectively contribute to ensure that the team efficiently deliver software solutions that meet the needs of the business.
This is a home-based role, however you will be required to travel to our Head Office in Marlow when required.
- To deliver high quality, secure developments that can be deployed quickly and efficiently to the agreed specifications, within planned release schedules.
- Assist with the development of and act upon additional opportunities as directed to improve the efficiencies, quality of output, responsiveness and the overall profile of the technical development team.
- To produce high quality, secure, software and software enhancements as directed, that can be deployed quickly and efficiently, to the agreed specifications, within the agreed timescales
- To support and assist other members of the IT Services team on assigned development projects and with the resolution of issues as they arise.
- Maintain good working relationships with other team members.
- Provide assistance to the Head of IT and Development Manager to ensure that appropriately detailed, accurate and concise documentation is produced and maintained for all assigned development projects and processes and in accordance with the requirements of CIPHR ISO standards
- Work with other departments as directed on assigned projects that deliver improved functionality, security and overall value to our customers
Critical Success Factors
- Effective personal use of time and achievement of agreed delivery of development projects
- Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with other team members and colleagues across the business
- Is self-sufficient, with a positive attitude and maintains ownership of own diary and productivity
- Seeks to improve standards and efficiency of delivery with an emphasis on exceeding expectations, increasing delivery throughput and maintaining quality
- Engenders high levels of satisfaction with regards to effectiveness of communication and quality of delivery of assigned development projects
- Assists other developers and apprentices as directed in a positive and CIPHR-focussed manner, improving overall morale and technical ability and capability.
Educational, Experience & Skills
This is a hands-on software development role, working on a wide range of projects and technologies. The role requires hands-on experience of development methodologies, techniques and programming languages, ideally with a background in Agile development.
This role requires the ability to coach and develop trainee developers. It involves maintaining existing products as well as developing new products or features and ensuring that work is delivered on time and to high level of quality.
The requirements of the role are:
Educated to degree level or an equivalent standard or to have a proven track record of software development using appropriate technologies
An excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of programming languages and development methodologies and tools including but not limited to;
o Agile or other iterative development methods
o ASP.Net /MVC
o HTML / CSS
o SQL, SSIS
o Web Services, IIS
o Awareness of internet architecture and protocols such as HTTP, DNS.
o Visual Studio 2010 +
o Use of source control, ideally Git
Previous experience of working in a development team successfully developing products for the commercial SaaS marketplace
Ability to produce high quality well documented code and process documents
Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
Highly self-motivated, self-managed
Good written and verbal communication
A good track record in developing and delivering on commercial development projects
A professional and flexible attitude with a positive attitude to challenges and problem solving
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'