Our client, a Financial Services -SaaS platform provider delivering secure data transactions globally is looking for an innovative Cloud Software Engineering lead in their London offices. To be successful, you will enjoy being challenged both intellectually and professionally and have a passion for building great products. Working closely with Product and UX teams, you will be responsible for leading managing and motivating a team of engineers within an Agile development environment (Based on the squad model made famous by Spotify) and will work as part of an autonomous team with full responsibility for your own area.
Our Ideal Candidate will have experience with:
- 5+ years Cloud Software Engineering / product development experience;
- Experience with supervising/coordinating engineers;
- Experience mentoring technical team members;
- Experience with navigating onsite/offsite coordination for software delivery;
- Familiar with RESTful API design and microservice architectures;
- Familiar with modern CSS libraries or view libraries e.g. Bootstrap, Angular Material, etc..
- Experience with the following tools and technologies: Java, IntelliJ, Jenkins, REST, Groovy, Elastic, MongoDB, RabbitMQ;
- Experience with unit testing tools like Junit, Mockito, Spock;
- Ability to write code that can support modular/scalable UI architecture
- Experience with Single Page Applications (SPAs);
- Familiar with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, distributed architecture, 12 factor apps).
- Full Stack development experience;
- Knowledge and interest in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience of working within the squad model, and internal open source
As Cloud Software Engineering lead you will solve problems with technology, generate breakthrough ideas, prototype and deliver working software quickly to enable testing and short-cycle innovation. This is a great opportunity to gain access to the financial service industry and to gain a deep understanding and build on the success of a market leading SaaS platform. If you are looking for an opportunity to stretch your knowledge leadership and software development capabilities, building a high-performance autonomous team in a cutting-edge Squad based Agile environment. Call me…. and send your CV….Now!
- Design Patterns
- Agile Environment
- Testing Tools