SRE / Dev Ops / Sys Admin - Linux
Can you create worlds where developers flourish? Could you build environments to host IoT solutions that optimise energy efficiency? Are you a Dev Ops Guru?
Right now Guru Systems need you on thier team! They are currently recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to join them at their company base in London.
Guru Systems are an innovative provider of smart payment and utility monitoring systems for the low-carbon energy market. They manufacture their own embedded devices and manage thier onsite Internet-of-Things networks. Proud of thier award-winning team and products, they maintain high standards, certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer (ex Google), this DevOps Engineer role is full time and permanent, with 25 days’ holiday each year.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your DevOps skills and experience within a rapidly growing and dynamic environment.
Normal working hours are 9am to 5:30pm.
The salary is extremely competitive, and Guru Systems will match 4.5% pension contributions.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be tasked with creating a modern, maintainable and automated environment for our software and support services to thrive. Aiming to achieve an infrastructure that is 100% automated and built on well-established open-source software. You will be involved in creating a development environment that uses a common Build-Chain across software, monitoring and testing that is both repeatable and auditable.
DevOps Engineer | SRE | Sytems Reliability Engineer | DevOps | Development | Linux | Debian | Python | Go | Icinga | KairosDB | CassandraEssential Requirements:
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Linux server administration, preferably Debian.
- Scripting experience: Python or Go.
- Hands-on working with a fully automated build & deploy chain.
- Good knowledge in KVM virtualisation or similar.
- Experience with Icinga / KairosDB / Cassandra.
- Problem analysis of complex software stacks (strace, chroot, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Basic knowledge of Ceph.
- Assessment of problems and suggestions for improvement.
- You'll have a track record within Dev Ops or SRE. Able to create available and scalable systems.
- With a deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Build Chain, able to gain cross-department cooperation.
- Naturally inquisitive, actively participating in the architecture of software and hardware, recommending and implementing relevant tools and new processes.
- Confident and self-motivated, comfortable within an SME, you’ll have an excellent interpersonal style with the ability to quickly build strong working relationships.
Guru Systems is a young and rapidly growing company delivering pay-as-you-go utility and monitoring systems to low-carbon energy schemes. Thier people are important and they are proud of thier success to date. Guru provide an open and supportive environment to ensure that together your success continues to grow. Oh, and they are located in a fantastic office in the middle of Borough Market, directly above the best coffee in London.
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job