Dev Ops Engineer
GTA are expanding their DevOps, Build and Delivery functions in London and looking for an exceptional DevOps / Environment Engineer to join our team. The Dev Ops (Environment) Engineer will be responsible for delivering new and upgraded environments to support Development and Delivery functions within the organisation.
This Dev Ops Engineer includes full lifecycle exposure to infrastructure design, software lifecycle management, build and deploying applications and infrastructure as code.
The build, deployment and automation functions are critical within our organisation to enable us deliver quality applications to our customers. The role requires deep technical know-how and a strong degree of collaboration and coordination with users of our systems.
- Deliver environment upgrades (infrastructure and application code)
- Work with key stakeholders to resolve and address software environment issues and ensure maximum possible uptime
- Where required, provision and maintain new or additional software environments using supported toolsets and processes
- Defining and Implementation technology and process to increase deployment frequency
- Be a driver for change, using technology to leverage business improvement
- Addressing and resolving issues raised by the key stakeholders to ensure development momentum is maintained and sprint/release deliverables can be met.
- Support, maintain and develop our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes across a range of platforms
Key skills and experience
- Extensive experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technologies
- Ability to communicate at technical and non-technical levels to a variety of business and IT stakeholders
- Solid understanding of version control tools and concurrent/parallel development methodology
- Solid scripting and programming exposure (bash, python, java, perletc)
- Strong linux/unix admin ability and understanding of infrastructure provisioning tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Docker etc)
- Solid E-Commerce experience (pref. Oracle E-Commerce suite)
- Ability to support and work with both Development and Operations teams, and where necessary, to translate requirements into actionable deliverables
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
This position reports to Configuration Manager, this is a permanent position with 25 days annual leave plus statutory days, working hours 9 - 5:30pm.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package.
GTA is a global distributor that provides travel companies with easy access to accommodation and destination services. We operate in the B2B space and are currently the second largest company in the market.
Our teams have been scouring the globe for nearly forty years to create a vast inventory of accommodation and unique destination service experiences covering everything from airport transfers to attraction tickets and excursions. Travel companies, such as travel agents and tour operators, access this via our technology solutions, enabling them to create truly exceptional travel experiences for the traveller.
GTA is owned by EQT, a private equity organisation, and is currently in discussions with Hotelbeds.com, owned by Cinven, about merging the assets to create a combined organisation covering both City and Beach destinations and furnish the opportunity to compete in the B2B and B2C markets.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job