Our client is building a DevOps team for a nationwide project. The team will help build the infrastructure and maintain the operations for a high performance and secure cloud solution.
We are looking for Cloud passionate individuals that would have the following skills:
- Have deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
- Have good knowledge of virtualisation tools (e.g. VMware, KVM).
- Have hands on experience working with containerisation and resource scheduling (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes).
- Confident writing test-driven infrastructure as Code, ideally, grown in Terraform.
- Have very good knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Know all there is about continuous integration implementation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Go CD).
- Master monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Kibana)
- Very knowledgeable with source control management tools such as Git
- Have comprehensive networking knowledge in local and cloud environments.
- Accomplished coder.
- Have proven professional experience on OpenStack architecture and administration in production environments.
- Have knowledge of open-source middleware applications (e.g. Redis, MySQL, PosgreSQL, SOLR)
- Have production working experience with frontend web services including Apache and NGINX.
- Have firm grasp on security and its importance within a Cloud environment.
- Work well within a team or as individual.
In addition to the above technical knowledge the following skills would also be desirable
- Previous experience with management of teams.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
- Have experience on reporting to key stakeholders and in following established business processes.
- Have a proven record in the delivery of complex infrastructures projects within time and budget frames.
- Experienced in inter-departmental collaborative work; including software development, hardware & networking.
- Collaborate with the architecting of the infrastructure.
- Assist in defining governance and designing processes.
This is a full time permanent role offering an extremely competitive negotiable starting salary with very generous holiday package and company benefits.
If you would be interested in applying please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experiences.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job