Taskmaster require a team of temporary Detainee Escort Officers to assist in the secure transportation, care and welfare of detained people and their property.
This role will be working in association with Police Forces for a multinational security services company. These are ongoing positions running over Friday evening until Monday morning. The candidates who are successful may have the opportunity to be promoted to a detainee officer, unless they chose an alternative pathway.
Does this sound of interest to you? This is a great pathway to follow if you are looking for a role in the police forces.
The role requires the ability to deal with vulnerable and sometimes difficult people, whilst maintaining high standards of security and service.
It is essential that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as these will be required whilst working within the team. You must also possess a full and valid UK Driving Licence, with a C1 Entitlement. You must have C1 on your licence, but do not require to have a CPC Card or Digital tachograph card.
The positions are based in the York and Scarborough area, and you will be required to work flexibly across these locations. You will be assigned to either the York or Scarborough area as your base location. The hours of work will cover some weekdays, but mainly weekends. You will cover evening/night shifts. There may be opportunities to work additional hour’s dependent on operational needs.
What are the hours of Work:-
Scarborough -Friday to Sunday, 21.00-05.00am (odd days through week, may be required)
York- Friday to Sunday, 20.00-06.00am (odd days through week, may be required)
Additional shifts may also be required at least minute, should the client receive a call out or
Please note nights and weekends are not paid at enhanced rate, the basic rate is paid throughout.
What duties will be included in this role:-
- Completion of all relevant documentation/computer records in relation to the movement of Arrested Persons, as directed, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation whilst maintaining the welfare and decency of the detainee.
- Assist in searching each vehicle cell before and after use to detect and arrange the repair of any damage caused, reporting and following correct procedures to maintain a safe environment for the transportation of detainees.
- Monitor detainees whilst being transported to ensure their safety and welfare at all times and complete all relevant documentation.
- Assist police officers and/or restrain detainees, as directed, in the execution of their duties to ensure the safety and security of those being transported and contribute to the prevention & management of inappropriate behaviour.
- Contribute to the security of the custodial environment. Search detainees to ensure that all items are removed from the detainee that could cause harm or be used to cause damage.
- Assist in receiving, recording, caring and storing detainees and evidential property in compliance with force policy to ensure the accurate transfer of property.
- Notify the Custody Officer / Control Room of any changes in behaviour or wellbeing of detainees so that any welfare concerns are identified. Assist in the completion all reports as required in respect of the Operation.
- Maintain restrictions on individuals’ liberty whilst promoting and protecting their rights. Contribute to the control of incidents and emergencies.
What essential skills and experience do I need for this role?
- Possess a full and valid UK Driving Licence C1. No more than 6 points, and must be over 18 years old.
- Effective communication skills with a wide variety of people Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel between different work bases.
How do you apply for this position?
The potential candidate will have to go through level 3 police vetting.
If you are successful after this you will undertake a 2 week training course. Within this training period it will involve a first aid course, driving assessment course and officer safety course. The candidate must have adequate level of fitness, and manual handing will be involved.
For further information regarding the hours please call the office. Please note that if you are invited to attend an interview, you will also be required to undertake and pass a driving assessment, as part of the selection process and for this you will be required to bring your driving licence on the day of your assessment.
If you are interested in the above position and it sounds like something you will excel in then please get in touch with the Team at Taskmaster.