Care & Custody is one of the leading providers of outsourced public services to the criminal justice system in the UK. Our philosophy is all about delivering brilliant service to the people in our care and creating great training, development and career opportunities for the people we employ.Job Description
Overseas Detainee Custody Officer
£20,670 salary + £1.68 per hour Flying Allowance (paid for all hours worked except Office Hours, Meetings and Training).
1950 Hours Per Year (average 37.5 hours per week)
24 hour service , 365 days a year.
Shift pattern of 10 days availability followed by 4 days off.
Gatwick Based with Overseas visits
Living within 50 miles of RH6 you must be able to reach Gatwick within 1.5 hours travel time.
We're looking for respectful, caring people to join our teams.
If you're the right one for us you will have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to work brilliantly in a team.You will have a non-judgemental approach, problem solving skills and ability to keep calm under pressure.
Your dedicated role will be to escort and transport immigration detainees within the UK and internationally, maintaining high standards of security and safety whilst promoting the welfare and decency of detainees in your care.
Your working time will include in- country moves, completing visa runs, and escorting detainees on both short and long-haul flights for overseas removals, working across days and nights during a shift pattern with 10 days of availability, followed by 4 days off.
No specific role experience or qualifications are required to be a DCO as full training and supported development are given. Experience of dealing sensitively with a wide variety of people who have been agitated, confused or angry would be an advantage.
You’ll begin your Care & Custody career completing a 6 week initial training course, (including a 7 day residential course in Oxfordshire) developing the skills needed to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect.Qualifications
- Be a UK citizen, Citizen of the Commonwealth with their own indefinite leave to remain (not through marriage) or EEA citizen.
- Have a valid and in date passport, with no restrictions on their stay in the UK. Please note Visa’s in out of date passports cannot be accepted as proof of Right to Work in the UK. A Biometric card alongside a current in- date passport must be provided.
- Have continuously resided in the UK for the previous 5 years. Applicants must not have spent more than 3 months at any one time overseas during the previous 5 years.
- This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and Applicants must be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS check, employer referencing for the previous 5 years and vetting to the level of Counter Terrorist Checked (CTC) if offered a role..
- Specific driving compliance is attached to this role.
- Full UK manual driving licence with at least 12 months post qualifying experience.
- Fewer than 7 points on your UK Driving Licence.
- No driving ban/ disqualification within the previous 5 years.
- Not currently bankrupt.
- You must be able to pass a red/green colour-blind test as part of your air side driving requirement. (candidates should contact their optician before applying if they have any concerns).
We will support you every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect.
Applicants are warmly invited to apply, successful candidates will be progressed and invited to attend an assessment day with interview, capability assessments and full vetting screening.
6 Week initial training course commences : 21st October 2019
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from candidates that have applied within the previous 6 months.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'