The following job is no longer available:
Destruct Project Manager
Destruct Project Manager
ABLE UK has recently welcomed the third Shell Brent platform to their Able Seaton Port (ASP) in Hartlepool. We have invested £28million in constructing this new facility, including one of the strongest quays in Europe, to meet the requirements for handling the Brent platforms, and putting the company at the forefront of the growing demand for decommissioning platforms as they come to the end of their operational lives.
ABLE has a strong order book and is also currently engaged with the c. 48,000t, ExxonMobil Sable Island project from Canada.
We are a market leader in marine decommissioning, a major land owner and developer across the north of England, particularly on the Tees and the Humber, and operate a number of ports. In the 2021 Budget the Government announced significant support for the Able Marine Energy Park to develop new quays and attract a ‘world-scale’ offshore wind industrial cluster to the Humber.
A new opportunity has arisen at Able UK Ltd for a Project Manager to join us for a role that offers a fantastic long term career opportunity.
- A market-leading salary in line with experience
- Up to 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Progress your career with a well-known and respected business
If you are a technically gifted, qualified, and experienced Project Manager, this role will afford you the fantastic opportunity to get involved in important projects such as decommissioning and dismantling redundant offshore topsides, jackets, jack-ups, and floating structures.
Our team values hard work, common sense, and discipline, particularly in regard to maintaining an excellent health and safety record. We are decisive, well-resourced and entrepreneurial. If you think you’d succeed as part of our forward-thinking organisation, we want to hear from you.
As the Destruct Project Manager, you will provide day to day oversight and direction to the multi-disciplined team reporting to the ASP General Manager.
To ensure ABLE discharge their contractual obligation, you will manage and control the execution of specific projects from order acceptance through to final account submittal on specific projects allocated to their care.
In addition, you will:
- Ensure all costs in relevant projects are kept under control and in line with budget/targets and the Company Cost and Valuation reporting procedure
- Ensure safety standards are met at all times
- Lead the overall regular project review meetings, identify problem areas, and ensure that corrective actions are initiated
- Manage and administrate contract activities and production of regular reports - internal/external based on progress, risks, etc.
- Monitor compliance and regulatory requirements within the CDM regulations including keeping updated with current and new legislation
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on progress vs plan and budgets and realise contract growth through the variation process to maximise project margins
- Work with Destruct managers and leaders, to ensure that both technical and support resources and plant are deployed effectively to meet project requirements
- Monitor performance against plan of both internal and external stakeholders and implement corrective actions and recovery plans as required ensuring project goals are achieved
This is not an exhaustive list of duties, and this broad and engaging role will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to really make their mark. To find out more, please read the full job and person description attached within the application portal.
To join us as the Destruct Project Manager, you will need:
- Technical qualifications applicable to Project Management
- One of the following ; CCDO Demolition Manager NVQ level 6 or Construction Senior Management NVQ level 7 or NEBOSH or equivalent
- Demonstrable Project Management experience within the destruct and demolition arena
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral forms
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and associated tools
- Suitable experience in developing programmes under P6, Project, FastTrack or similar
Other organisations may call this role Demolition Project Manager, Destruct & Demolition Project Manager, Destruct Project Lead, Destruct Project Officer, Destruct & Demolition Project Lead, Destruct & Demolition Project Officer, or Demolition Project Supervisor.
Webrecruit and ABLE UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Destruct Project Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (16:00 Friday) hours may vary depending on the project requirements
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'