Job Title: Despatch Operative
Location: Aston Clinton
As part of their planned expansion, my client in Aston Clinton are looking to recruit several Despatch Operatives. As a Despatch Operative you will be part of a high performance team both delivering and supporting other functions to meet challenging team and personal goals. Other duties include completing all cold store functions including order picking, physical inventory, loading and housekeeping duties.
The company offers amazing job opportunities for the right candidates and this role offers a permanent position after 12 weeks.
Specific duties include:
- Full completion of daily targets whilst maintaining strict Food Hygiene and Health & Safety standards within the department
- Monitor equipment performance and correct/raise issues before they become problems
- Perform basic maintenance tasks and fault diagnosis
- Operating end of line palletisers and schedule workload to ensure efficient pallet supply across the diary
- Responsible to recharge or replace FLT battery ensuring availability for operation at all times
- Liaising closely with a team of dispatch operatives
- Checking and loading deliveries for a range of different supermarkets
To be considered for this role you will need to be educated to GCSE standard in Maths and English. Previous experience of working in a warehousing environment with knowledge of cold store is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided. You must be a strong communicator, who is able to prioritise tasks in a timely and organised manner and contribute to regular department meetings.
You also must be able to work a rotating days and nights shift pattern on an annualised hours contract.
A free shuttle bus is available in the local area for collection/drop off at shift start and end times.
If you believe that this role could be of interest to you, then apply today or call our High Wycombe branch for more information.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.