Our client, a global manufacturer is looking for a Despatch Manager to steer and manage the despatch and packing departments of a busy and fast moving warehouse. You will create an environment of continuous improvement and work towards maximising performance and outputs within agreed formats and timescales.
You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and the smooth despatch of products on daily basis. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
- Management of Despatch and Warehouse Staffing.
- Ensuring that teams work to set KPI's and agreed processes.
- Ensuring all orders are picked, checked and loaded and any 'overs and unders’ are re-checked.
- Picking, checking and loading orders onto company vehicles and 3rd party vehicles (Despatch).
- Replenishment of pick faces.
- Accurate checking and booking in of products onto the in-house system.
- Handling and storage of goods and putting away deliveries (Goods In).
- Recording and reporting damages.
- Monitor operations and resolve any problems when identified.
- Continuously develop stock layout across relevant sites in a manner that provides maximum efficiency, space and profitability.
- To ensure all quality systems and processes are adhered to at all times including Health & Safety compliance.
- Monitor and manage reports for the Senior Management team and contribute to operations meetings.
The Despatch Manager will need:
- Experience of managing high volume despatch operations within a fast moving warehouse environment.
- Experience of managing a substantially sized warehouse team with good people management skills and motivation.
- Exceptional communication and IT skills.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques and a track record of process management.
- Ability to develop relationships with other departments.
- History of creating a team that are motivated and self sufficient.
- FLT - Reach or Counter Balance FLT Licence is preferable.
A generous salary is being offered, accompanied with a strong benefits package.
- Continuous Improvement
- Senior Management
- FLT Licence
- Despatch Mangement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job