An excellent opportunity to join an ambitious, global, leading company based in Harlow with a real 'family business’ feel and low staff turnover.
You would be responsible for managing the despatch of all consignments with the appropriate transport provider, ensuring all goods are delivered to the customer within the specified timescale, correct documentation and in accordance with legislation.
This will include the following:
- Ensure that all scheduled sales orders are despatched safely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate potential delays to appropriate parties and work with relevant people to minimise impact.
- Collate sales orders and completed works orders to complete despatch notes and associated documents.
- Ensure all business systems are up to date
- Prepare export documentation as required. This may include, but not limited to EUR1, ATR1 and Certificate of Origin etc. Liaise directly with the Chamber of Commerce and other authorities where necessary.
- Raise picking lists for stocked items as and when required.
- Ensure that all despatch related documentation, including electronic and manual data is correctly recorded, stored and archived.
- Provide general and legislative advice (to all parties concerned) on the safe handling and segregation of all goods produced and shipped by Molecular Products Ltd.
- Develop, build and maintain good working relationships with transport providers.
- Ensure timely completion of the despatch related insurance requirements.
- Ensure all appropriate qualifications are kept up to date, IATA, IMDG and ADR etc.
- Maintain sufficient levels of despatch related stationary - DGN’s; Certificates of Origin etc.
- Ensure all imports are correctly administered
- Work with the Logistics Manager and the Warehouse Team Leader to ensure the smooth running of the whole of the Logistics department
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years Despatch & Logistics experience.
- History of working in a manufacturing environment a distinct advantage as is knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of import regulations
- Knowledge and experience of Dangerous goods legislation and shipping
- Experience of working to company, legislative and export guidelines. Knowledge of required mandatory logistics & shipping documentation and procedures.
- Good to excellent knowledge of MS Office package and MRP systems.
- Ability to foster a co-operative work environment.
- Ability to deliver goals as directed by the Logistics Manager and linked to the business strategy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with the wider MP organisation.
- Ability to work on own initiative and contribute to team achievement of agreed objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast moving organised business where flexibility is key.
- Used to prioritising; scheduling and monitoring of work assignments.
In return, my client will be offering a salary of £24,000 - £27,000 (depending on experience) based on hours of 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday!
Contact Jamie @ The Dove today!
- Import Logistics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job