Schneider Electric Software
Schneider Electric is an innovative and trusted provider of software andservices that improve productivity and profitability for production,manufacturing and infrastructure industries. Our software solutions allowcustomers to deliver sustainable performance with flexibility and agility toaddress evolving market requirements.
First and foremost is our openapproach. It’s about providing an environment that encourages personal growthand recognizes and rewards success. Schneider Electric offers a clearlydifferent employment experience than other global organizations. We don’t placelimits on what people can achieve.
We do this by:
- Providing an exciting and challenging environment in a respected, highly successful and growing company where success is built by the people who work here
- Being performance-oriented: developing, recognizing and rewarding a ‘can-do’ approach, great performance and personal achievement
- Expecting colleagues to challenge each other and continuously seek opportunities to do things better
- Valuing people who solve problems and thrive on challenges
- Creating new opportunities for personal growth by supporting the training and development of our people
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve shared success
- Being open and transparent as an organization
- Encouraging people to make a positive contribution and express their point of view without fear
- Providing an environment in which people can shape their own career paths
- Nurturing courageous people who want to make big things happen – and providing them the environment to do it
- Manage a number of software deployment and projects
- Gather client requirements and feedback, working with consultants and product managers to develop a project plan and ensure a viable implementation
- Develop a trusted relationship with the customer through delivering their requirements
- Oversee project team interactions coordinating project elements and communicating project progress, both internally and to customers
- Plan transition of responsibility to support team once project delivery is complete
- Work with senior technical staff to improve and mature deployment project management processes
Spiral Software has a strong development focus,with over two thirds of our staff in software development roles. We provideindustry-leading technology for the process industries, focusing in particularon the oil and petrochemicals sector.
We are committed to maintaining and building ourtechnology lead making significant investments into research and developmenteach year. Our tools are the established industry leader in crude oil selectionand refinery modelling, allowing our clients to make optimal use of availablefeedstock while maximising safety and minimising environmental impact.
They play a business-critical role for over 100companies, including all the oil majors. Our new supply chain toolset, launchedin 2010, expands the scope of our tools into a much broader market. A strongdevelopment roadmap will add further modules for scheduling and logisticsmanagement as well as addressing other process industries, such as food &beverage, chemicals, mining and pharmaceuticals.
Spiral’s tools run complex andcomputationally-demanding mathematical models to predict the behaviour ofindustry processes. We produce rich, intuitive UI and visualisation tools thatallow end users to interact with these models to make business-critical decisions.
As a Desktop UI Developer, you willwork as part of an Agile development team on our Windows desktop applications,focusing on design and development of user interface components.
- Significantcommercial software development experience
- Experience ofdeveloping user interface components in C# or another object-oriented language
- Strong mathematical,engineering or scientific background
- Strongproblem-solving skills
- Good communicationskills
- Experience developingWindows user interface with one or more of WinForms (strongly desirable), WPF,MFC
- Experience withnative C++ development
- Experience of writinghigh-performance multi-threaded code
- Experience of unit testingand continuous integration
- Automated UI testing,e.g., Coded UI
- Experience of usingcode profiling tools
- Strong engineering,scientific or mathematical background
- Experience ofdevelopment as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
This role enjoys a salary of up to £48,000pa depending on background and past experience.
Our benefits package includes a discretionaryannual bonus scheme, 28 days annual leave, a competitive contributory pensionscheme, BUPA health and life insurance cover and high-speed broadband at home.
We go to great lengths to maintain a friendly and comfortable workenvironment, including a fully-stocked, complimentary kitchen and drinks room,and a pool table. Combined with a continuous stream of interesting andchallenging work, these have enabled us to sustain a happy workplace and verylow staff turnover.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of ourorganisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. Werecognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity andfosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of ourcommunities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger todrive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please apply online.
The Schneider Electricindustrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc,a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are ownedby Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job