As a Desktop Support Technician, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide data centre, desktop support and server and networking support for Reynolds’ UK business. This will involve working closely with the US and European IT teams and will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment including desktops, servers, and networking devices. As you progress you will be assigned your own projects to research and manage.
You will initially start as a desktop support technician in the UK office. You will provide hardware and software support for internal associates and external clients and visitors. This position also offers the opportunity to train in data centre systems and procedures, followed by server management and networking. You will be provided with training for all aspects of these roles via on the job training, online training and cross training with other teams.
- Providing desktop support for associates and external clients and visitors
- Preparing, fixing, installing, and/or upgrading software and hardware installed in the Birmingham facility
- Conducting audits on hardware and software installed in the Birmingham facility
- Active Directory administration
- PBX administration
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit administration
- Microsoft Exchange administration
- Monitoring and responding to malware alerts
- Answering technical queries from end-users
- Troubleshooting and documenting issues
- Restoring backups
- Patch cabling and equipment moves.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A good understanding of IT hardware and Microsoft software (Windows, Active Directory, Office)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to adhere to company procedures and deadlines
- Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment such as servers, data centre racks and tables.
We strive to offer an environment that provides our associates with the right balance between work and family. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance Cover
- Company Sick Pay
- Free Bi-annual Eye Tests and contribution towards glasses
- Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund - Discounted monthly rates
- Childcare Vouchers - Tax efficient way of paying for childcare
- Ride2Work - Tax efficient way of purchasing a bike for travelling to work
- Company Events throughout the Year
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a fast-paced environment with an established company? Do you want to work at a company with growth opportunities that will provide you with the training to be successful? If so, Reynolds and Reynolds is the company for you! Reynolds and Reynolds is a leader in high quality software solutions and IT services around the world and we are looking for a person with the potential to grow and continue our legacy of over 100 years of outstanding products and services at our Birmingham office.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job