Desktop Support Technician, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
To £25,000 negotiable depending on previous experience, comprehensive benefits package including competitive holiday allowance, flex-e-benefits scheme.
Working from our clients North East office, as part of a very busy IT team, the Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for supporting internal users of all desktop, laptop, printer and mobile devices across the UK. Applicants will need to be able to travel to other sites.
Main responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all PCs and laptops are appropriately patched, malware protected, and where required backed up.
- Implementing software migrations (application and operating systems)
- Managing and delivering IT projects - specifically PC refresh and new/upgraded systems
- Supporting printers including ensuring they are being used effectively
- Producing management and user documentation
- Achieving service desk calls are dealt with within agreed SLAs
- Supporting the replacement and upgrade of all hardware and software, ensuring that all transitions are fully tested and don't impact on performance
Applicants will need proven, commercial experience with:
- Endpoint patching - knowledge of configuring patches and keeping them up to date
- Imaging endpoints - knowledge of creating images and injecting drivers and general troubleshooting
- Software distribution - knowledge of creating packages
- Group policy - proven knowledge of writing and amending/stream lining policies
- Experience of a Microsoft 365 migration
- An understanding of GDPR from a Desktop security perspective
- Experience dealing with large and multiple projects
- OS - Win10 and Win7
- Experience of supporting desktop/laptop/printer and mobile devices remotely
- Experience of dealing with escalations
In addition, I am looking for applicants with strong ITSM knowledge (Service Now, Hornbill etc.), ITIL knowledge, experience of dealing with an asset database, large rollouts and projects and of dealing with a configuration management system.