Desktop Support Techn
Desktop Support Technician
Our client, a leading global financial services organisation have an opportunity for an experience Desktop Support Analyst to join their team on an initial 6 month contract. The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for supporting the Service Desk Manager in the delivery of the Service Desk functions of the Incident Management and Request Fulfilment processes. Acting as the first escalation point for the Service Desk team for any process and technical enquiries, they will provide on-site or remote technical assistance including the setting up of computer hardware systems, and troubleshooting IT issues.
Skills and responsibilities:
- Act as the first escalation point for Service desk team members on Incident Management and Request fulfilment, demonstrating a practical level of process knowledge, understanding and expertise. Ability to take ownership and drive a request or incident through to successful conclusion or resolution.
- Assist in Desk moves and changes.
- Repair, Build and Maintain physical PC estate.
- Maintain PC Build room environment and store rooms.
- Assist in the disposal of end of life equipment and decommission devices.
- Assist the Trade Floor Support team when required.
- Provide support to branch offices as required
- Experience of building and installing PCs. Troubleshooting and resolving hardware issues (printers / MFD, Mobile devices, iPads), Troubleshooting and resolving software applications or network systems.
- Ability to take ownership of the tickets in their queue, with the skills to manage changing priorities. Maintain and document progress of tickets. Experience of ticketing systems (ServiceNow, SBM)
- Technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware, Laptops, Cisco phones, Mobile Devices, BYOD devices, RSA
- Experience of software such as: Altiris, Citrix, Exchange 2010, Appsense, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Lync / Teams
- Problem-Solving and troubleshooting.
- Relevant Certifications such as Microsoft/Comptia and Cisco. ITIL foundation certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 / 10, Windows Server products, Apple Operating Systems, Android / iPhone / iPad
Desktop Support Technician
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'