Desktop Support Manager (Interim)
Our client is a market leading global business that is undergoing huge growth and transformation due to the acquisition of a number of new operating companies. Human Capital Ventures is privileged to acting as a preferred recruitment partner in the staffing of an interim Desktop Support Manager on an initial 6-month contract.
The position is to support the organisation through this period of transition and assist in integrating the IT Services and Desktop Support of their newly acquired businesses to their shared service IT model. This position is to be located form our client plush office in the City of London with plenty of scope for renewals and an opportunity for the successful individual to transition to permanent employment longer term (should both parties wish).
- As Desktop Support Manager meet with Operating Companies’ leadership on a regular basis, and reports to senior on-site manager.
- Participates in local office Leadership meetings as appropriate. (RAG Status and Town Halls)
- Provides expert advice and consultation to colleagues.
- Escalates strategic issues and requests through senior on-site manager
- Manages Field Support operations through internal staff and external vendor support groups, within assigned geographic market.
- Manages support for all office infrastructure technologies across all tiers within agreed timeframes, or SLAs.
- Ensures staff follows operational guidelines, principles, and processes as described by Senior Management.
- Collaborates with peers and Senior Managers to define, enhance, and adhere to defined processes for all operational tasks.
- Conducts periodic reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, IT/operating company policies and best practices within IT industry standards.
- Manages relationships with vendors and third-party service providers.
- Ensures the installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Desktop Technology hardware/software is completed by the team according to SLAs.
- Escalates incidents and questions to appropriate support groups.
- Provides input improving processes and maintaining standards.
- Manages activities of outsourced staff (as applicable) and follows up on service issues.
- Determines appropriate hardware/software based on corporate policy and end user requirements.
- Ensures Technical Team responds to incidents; within SLA or within a timely manner, with appropriate level of urgency, and follows up with customers on all issues.
- Directly participates or assists senior on-site manager in approved IT projects.
- Coordinates local "projects" such as moves, acquisitions etc.
- Conducts regular team meetings and ensures that information is shared appropriately within the team.
- Helps produce and manage budget within a geographic market; accounts for delivering favourable budget results.
- Uses corporate Incident Management system to record and track all support work.
- Maintains accurate hardware and software records for Corporate Assets.
- Assists the procurement operations of hardware and software.
Location: Central London, UK
Tenure: 6-month initial contract
Rate: £300.00 - £500.00 per day
Hours: 09:00 - 17:30 (Monday - Friday)
- Incident Management
- Town Hall Meetings
- Desktop Computers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'