The Desktop Support Engineer will look after the IT needs of our Equiniti colleagues within Kingsgate House, Birmingham, our Customer Experience Centre. As Equiniti have offices in 20+ locations there will be requirement on occasion to visit these offices from time to time for calls that cannot be resolved remotely.
For all sites there will also be a requirement to maintain the LAN security and company asset register. We use Microsoft SCCM for application packaging and deployment, Microsoft SCSM to manage the service desk calls that are generated where we have priority and SLA enforced timelines meaning that the candidate will need to be able to work under pressure whilst prioritising work.
The Equiniti Desktop Team are based in several sites across the UK supporting offices from London to Stirling. Although the team is spread out across the country we act as one team supporting not only the users in the business but also help the rest of the team either toward a solution for a current issue or knowledge transfer of a new system. Some of these sites are remotely based and support is administered using remote support tools, mainly Microsoft SCCM. In some cases a site visit may be requested when a hands on approach is required. The desktop team as well as delivering call resolutions also get involved with projects ranging from network/switch configuration to the implementation of desktop builds via SCCM.
- Responding to and resolving incidents and service requests both remotely and face to face, using specific call handling software.
- Prioritise, analyse, track and escalate alerts in line with area protocols.
- Manage incidents and service requests for users at all sites.
- Deploy desktop and laptop builds across the Group.
- Work on project roll outs, desk moves and change requests when required.
- Advise 1st line agents, undertake first time fix for agreed tasks (including user access management).
- Escalate issue and incidents to the Desktop team leader and ITSM.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers for hardware/software issues including call ownership and management.
- Apply ITIL methodology to deliver best practice in all areas.
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
- Good technical knowledge of Microsoft products including: Windows 7/8/10, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Systems Centre product suite.
- Good knowledge with contact centre products (Mitel or Cisco).
- Basic understanding of ITIL.
- Keen focus on service and the continuous improvement of service.
- Confident and capable in both a team environment and working on own initiative.
- Effective communication skills working with both IT and non-IT colleagues.
- Focused on detail but capable of being flexible when competing deadlines/projects require it.
- Confident and successful when planning and setting priorities for workload.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks. These consist of 5 year activity & GAP verification, DBS or Access NI, Credit, Sanctions & CIFAS checks.
- Escalation Process
- Desktop Computers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'