ESP Global Services are currently recruiting Desktop Support Engineer to join the team in Hammersmith on a 12-month fixed term contract. We are a managed service provider for IT support and infrastructure solutions where we support clients, worldwide, 24/7. Employed by ESP you will be based onsite at one of our valued customer sites in Hammersmith, London. As the Desktop Support Engineer, you will provide and maintain continuity of services for all desktop devices for the customer and resolve any technical issues.
What does the role of Desktop Support Engineer involve?
* Respond to allocated customer incidents (hardware, software and connectivity) and service requests and manage through to a successful resolution within agreed service levels
* Support the client services teams with technical guidance and assisting with higher level engineering expertise
* Project lead for after hours maintenance windows
* Deliver desk-side support services to the customer in line with agreed project timescales and service levels
* Deliver hard and soft break fix services for laptops and desktops across the customer site portfolio
* Provide standard and approved hardware and software (operating systems and standard office applications) support and maintenance on Desktop Devices for their entire lifecycle (including the remote management of Desktop Devices using appropriate tools).
* Support, manage and maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, including patch updates and hardware replacements.
* Identify and obtain from the vendor any spares required to respond to incidents and ensure that the customer is kept informed of any resulting delays.
* Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements.
* Ensure that each Desktop Device is installed with the appropriate Desktop image
* Provide VIP support for Desk side issues
* Maintain a high level of communication at all times with the customer, colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required.
What are we looking for?
* A strong problem solver who takes pride in their work
* Comfortable with change, this role will require a lot of project work
* Previous experience of working onsite providing Desktop Support/ 2nd line support
* Windows 7/10 OS skills
* Knowledge in config management (Ansible/ Salt)
* Understanding/ experience with a scripting language (Python, Powershell, Bash)
* Experience with virtual hosting technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V KVM)
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software and Operating Systems
* An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualifications
This role will be based from Hammersmith on a 12month contract
Salary - Up to £32,500 + life assurance + pension and access to Perk Box
To apply, please send your CV in or click the apply now button
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'