Desktop Support Engineer- 2nd line support
Salary- £23,000- £25,000 Per Annum
Join a supportive network of IT professionals in Edinburgh. Capita is looking to hire a 2nd line Desktop support engineer to replace Windows 7 severs, provide 1st and 2nd line support to staff our forward-thinking business. This role will be based onsite at our Edinburgh office however some travel may be required across other Scottish Capita sites from time to time.
Capita are the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India. Capita has created a rewarding environment where staff are inspired and motivated to adopt and deliver new ways of working, transforming and delivering services for our clients. Working for Capita will give you the opportunity to work for a FTSE 250 company with a diverse range of customers. We are always striving to immerse ourselves in the latest technologies and this is where the role will come in.
- As a 2nd line Desktop support engineer you will take ownership and responsibility of queries, incidents and service requests, changes assigned to the Desktop support queues and follow departmental and Capita procedures for fault resolution. You will have the following experience Windows
- 7 Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013 MSI, Office 365 2013+ via click to run.
- Configuration and implementation of software distribution and build management systems (LANDesk, SCCM, MDT).
- Planning and implementation experience with Windows 7, 8, 10 deployments/migrations (250+ seats).
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure solutions.
- SLA management, metrics and reporting.
- Incident, problem, change, service request and major incident management processes.
- Desktop/Laptop recovery.
- Desktop/Laptop Hardware maintenance.
Dependant on experience you can expect to receive a salary of up to £25,000 Per Annum plus a list of benefits which include a strong pension scheme, ability to buy/sell up to 5 days holidays, life assurance, medical, vehicle breakdown cover, cycle to work schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on various purchases such as travel, hotels, gym memberships, childcare vouchers and many others.
Not to mention you will be working for a massive organisation with a supportive work culture, career progression with many projects in the pipeline so progression will be expected.
CALL TO ACTION
Please send copy of your updated cv to for consideration
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'