Vitality, Desktop Support Engineer, Croydon, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business
OurDesktop Support Engineer will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
As our Desktop Support Engineer you will act as part of the 2nd Line function that provides IT remote and site desk side technical support for Vitality users across the Group.
Core responsibilities will include resolving a variety of technical hardware, software, application and infrastructure issues, communicating with internal stakeholders, VIP’s and external 3rd parties to drive issues to completion where appropriate. The job holder will be accountable for identifying major and repeat incidents and raise Problem records accordingly along with full detail of diagnostics and investigation.
Responsibilities as our Desktop Support Engineer include:
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for applications, printers, computer hardware, telephony and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Be ambassadors for technology as the face of IT Services
- Be accountable as a site support engineer for a company user base extending to 1800 users on additional
- Attend Service Management meetings to represent and resolve operational escalations and priorities for both locally to the site and the extended business.
- Ensure IT assets are managed appropriately across the Vitality group on a desktop, mobile & printing level
- Develop trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests working cross site with other Desktop Support Engineers to provide prompt and efficient service
- Accurately record incidents using the relevant logging systems in a timely manner in accordance with agreed SLA’s.
- Escalate issues as appropriate in accordance with published procedures
Our Desktop Support Engineer will have the below skills, experience & attributes:
- Good standard of education including 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent
- Previous Desktop Support experience essential
- Confident to deal with company Exec and wider audience
- Exposure to Domain and Active directory environments
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office primarily windows 10 and Office 2016, O365 and InTune (MDM)
- Ability to logically troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Ability to research and discover new solutions
- Demonstrable track record of delivering a consistently high level of telephone-based service, preferably in a regulated environment
- Able to show a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks
- ITIL v2 or v3 Foundation Certificate (desirable)
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Project & Vision (desirable)
Working for Vitality as an experiencedDesktop Support Engineer, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st October 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Desktop Support Engineer please click ‘apply’ today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'