Desktop Support Engineer- Witney
Have you gained experience within Desktop Support/ IT Support role/ 2nd Line role? Are you now looking for your next challenge? If so the role as Desktop Support Engineer at ESP Global Services based onsite at one of our valued customers in London could be the next role for you.
What does the role of Onsite IT Support Technician involve?
You will work onsite at one of our valued customers as part of a team of 3. You will provide and maintain continuity of service for all desktop devices (hardware, software and connectivity) for the customer and resolve any technical issues that may occur within agreed contractual service levels.
- Respond to allocated customer incidents (hardware, software and connectivity) and service requests and manage through to a successful resolution within agreed service levels.
- Deliver desk-side support services to the customer in line with agreed project timescales and service levels
- Deliver hard and soft break fix services for laptops and desktops across the customer site portfolio
- Provide standard and approved hardware and software (operating systems and standard office applications) support and maintenance on Desktop Devices for their entire lifecycle (including the remote management of Desktop Devices using appropriate tools).
- Support, manage and maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, including patch updates and hardware replacements.
- Identify and obtain from the vendor any spares required to respond to incidents and ensure that the customer is kept informed of any resulting delays.
- Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements.
- Ensure that each Desktop Device is installed with the appropriate Desktop image
- Provide VIP support for Desk side issues
- Maintain a high level of communication at all times with the customer, colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required.
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Previous experience of working onsite providing Desktop Support
* You will be a confident communicator
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent customer service skills
*Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software and Operating Systems
* An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualifications
Monday to Friday between 0900-1730
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs in Hong Kong, Singapore, Trinidad, Chicago and Mexico. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.
Interested? Please apply today for a quick response.
- Desktop Support
- Microsoft Operating systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'