Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer
Are you A Desktop Support Engineer with 2ND line support experience? You will be working as part of a world leading aircraft Charter Company, with a proven reputation for innovation, expertise and professionalism, assisting the Head of ICT in ensuring that an effective IT service is provided globally by supporting all users and maintaining a healthy IT system.
- Respond to and resolve in person second line IT incidents logged via our global IT Service Desk, providing solutions to known incidents and problems for our internal customer base, diagnosing and working to resolve undefined problems as they occur.
- Effective incident queue management with ownership of logged incidents.
- Awareness and correct use of key escalation points for both PC hardware and software incidents and service provision.
- Perform PC upgrades where required using defined internal processes, including data backups and restore.
- Perform imaging of workstations (both laptops and desktops) where required.
- Ensure good knowledge of all PC hardware models in the environment, including specifications and internal customer PC model eligibility criteria.
- IT support for events such as new joiner inductions.
- Input where required to the successful delivery of team KPIs.
- Working effectively with required external suppliers who are used to deliver components of our service, such as IT consumable provision.
- Regularly review processes utilised within the team, propose and implement improvements with necessary approvals to ensure processes remain relevant for the Local Support team.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English language is required.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to work with end-user customers directly in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment, under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
- Self-directed, proactive, strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems (7 & 10) environment.
- Working knowledge and hardware troubleshooting experience of laptop/desktop environments.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting of the Microsoft Office environment.
- Working knowledge of hardware break/fix component replacement of Laptops.
- Good working knowledge of general technical troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products to the following levels:
- Understanding and use incident management toolsets.
- ITIL foundation level qualification
- MCITP Windows 10 qualified
Others The role involves inclusion in a 24 x 7 standby/callout rota.
ACS are recruiting for a Desktop Support Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Desktop Support Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Desktop Support Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Desktop Support Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Desktop Support Engineer role you desire.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'