Temporary Desktop Support Engineer
Immediate start until end of November 2018
The role of the Desktop Support Engineer is to deliver effective and efficient technical support for the whole organisation at a first line and up to second line level. This includes supporting the whole desktop environment including desktops, laptops, printers, iPhones and user administration.
The Desktop Support Engineer, reports to the IT Manager in the Corporate Services Directorate, and is based in the Bracknell office. The job holder works closely with the Technical Support Engineer who provides second/third line support and assistance.
Scope of role
- Providing day to day desktop support to end users, as logged in the IT Support ticketing system
- Providing remote support to field/home-based staff
- Performing basic Active directory user administration
The job holder will hold relevant qualifications or must be able to provide demonstrable experience from which they have gained an equivalent level of knowledge.
Skills & experience
The job holder must be able to demonstrate experience with the following technologies and concepts:
- Desktop and Laptop hardware fault diagnosis
- Multi-function printer support
- Apple iPhone support
- Basic Active Directory user administration
- Windows 7,8 & 10
- Office 2010, 2013 & 2016
- Basic networking troubleshooting
In addition, the following are desirable:
- Experience with Skype for Business phone systems
- Experience with quickly becoming familiar with non-specific proprietary business systems for support
If you are interested in this role, please apply by forwarding a copy of your most recent CV and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
- 2nd Line
- 1st Line
- Desktop Application Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'