2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer - 9-month initial Contract
Our client is a rapidly expanding IT Services organisation who provides outsourced IT to an American born, multi-billion-dollar turnover organisation, who’s UK Headquarters is based locally in Stewartby, Bedfordshire.
Due to continued growth and recent success, our client is looking to recruit a Desktop Support Engineer to provide onsite, 2nd Line technical support to some of the businesses VIP’s & C-Level Management.
Candidates must possess impeccable presentation and interpersonal skills and pride themselves on delivering an elevated level of customer service combined with strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
Applicants must be proficient with Enterprise Microsoft Applications encompassing Window Operating systems, Office365, Active Directory, Exchange along with strong Hardware and Printer Support experience. Candidate will also be responsible for support bespoke applications and deploying software using SCCM.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems for end user PCs
- Deployment of new desktops and laptops and setup of handheld devices
- Provide networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords
- Ensure that Windows-based workstations comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines
- Active Directory user administration including adding, modifying, and disabling of accounts per company policy
- Perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval
- Maintain all printers in the network
- Detect and remove viruses and other malware
- Recommend and execute modifications to Windows systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure Windows system security
- Review and deploy new Windows service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices
- Develop and maintain Windows training materials and systems documentation for educating end users and new IT staff
Location: Stewartby, Bedfordshire
Term: 9-month initial contract (Limited/Umbrella)
Rate: £120.00 per day
- Active Directory
- Computer Hardware
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'