Desktop support jobs, deskside support jobs, IT support jobs, IT engineer, support engineer, 1st line
If you've set your heart on a career in IT, join us as a Desktop Support Engineer and you'll find there's everything in place for you to realize your ambitions. We've become Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services by being open, upfront and straightforward. So you'll know exactly what's expected of you, managers will be accessible when you need training and support, your voice will be heard and we'll take a genuine interest in how you want to develop. Technical Resource Group (TRG) are the front line engineers. We are the technical staff that enable the users of our customers by owning and resolving their IT issues. We have engineers that simply enjoy being hands on and fixing issues and but we also have a track record of developing our engineers into consultancy, global infrastructure, service manager and project manager roles.
In this role you will be required to provide basic to intermediate level desktop installation, configuration, support and troubleshooting services in a Wintel environment. This ranges from offering simple fixes and fixing known errors to more involved solutions. As a Desktop Support Engineer you will be hardware skilled and accredited through the appropriate core vendor training programs to be able to provide desktop, laptop, printer (non MFD) break-fix support, Wi-Fi and basic network connectivity issues. You will also be required to work across varying projects such as Windows 10 and hardware deployments. Typically you will provide software installations and configuration in an existing desktop infrastructure or pre-designed project and will be familiar with current Microsoft desktop Operating Systems, Including Windows 7, 10 and Office 365. You will working 37.5 hours, 5 days per week within our core hours of 7am - 7pm and will form part of our mobile workforce within the North region.
- 2 to 3 year experience in a Desktop support role.
- Deskside support experience in an IT Corporate environment.
- Experience of laptop hardware breakfix (preferably on Lenovo, Dell & HP hardware)
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Must be able to articulate advice and technical resolutions to people with differing technical knowledge
- Willing to go through and pass customer specific clearances to work on the customer's site
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional appearance
- Approachable, friendly and polite
- Patient, a good listener and attentive
- Flexible & adaptable to change
- Motivated / Engaged (creates a positive impression of CC)
- Excellent communication skills, clear and simple
- The ability to communicate to non-technical and technical users
- Time management, well organised
- Customer focused/energised
- Ability to learn new skills