We are part of Link Group, a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. As one of Europe’s leading asset servicing platforms, Link Asset Services interacts with almost 6m investors, administering and safeguarding £600bn of assets across 10 highly regulated markets.Job Description
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to join our IT team based in Beckenham.
In this role you will be responsible for providing Front Office infrastructure, hardware and software support to LAS users. You will work closely with the Service Desk to provide second and third line operational support and to ensure timely and efficient resolution of LAS service requests, issues and incidents.
What being a Desktop Support Engineer involves:
- Efficient and effective delivery of Front Office infrastructure second and third line operational support including (but not limited to) desktop and client support, local server and network support, desk-side delivery and desk-side training of end users and installations
- Collect and maintain accurate, detailed information about all LAS support requests to provide the relevant information to other support and application teams as appropriate and to facilitate service and management reporting
- Own and resolve LAS issues raised through the Service Desk and handle resulting incidents and Service Requests using agreed incident management and request fulfilment processes
- Support the investigation and diagnosis of assigned problems for workarounds and / or root causes. Proactively propose solutions to problems and implement solutions as agreed with the Manager of Desktop Support
- Manage LAS user relationships and engage with Service Delivery teams and third party support providers to resolve issues and incidents as appropriate
- Perform capacity management and availability management activities for Front Office systems
Skills and Qualities you will need:
- Good understanding and awareness of ITIL processes and tools
- Good technology understanding and awareness
- Customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job