Desktop Support Engineer
About the Role:
Are you currently a successful Desktop Support Engineer looking for your next challenge? If so, we have a great opportunity for you in our Bournemouth office. As a Desktop Support Engineer you’ll support all PC and laptop environments, offer application support and local network management, as well as end user computing requirements as necessary.
You’ll play a critical part in a much larger IT function and with this will come the opportunity to assist other areas of CIO support. As part of our commitment to your continuous development you’ll have the opportunity to attend training sessions to help improve your overall technical skill levels. And, as you’d imagine from a company our size, you will get the chance to support other sites either remotely or by visiting them in person.
Above all else, to be a success here at LV=, you will place your customers at the forefront of what you do and your ability to communicate across all levels of the business will be called upon on a daily basis.
We’re looking for you to have a keen eye for service improvements and a real desire to drive forward innovation. Coupled with this you will bring experience of:
- Supporting a wide variety of hardware including: laptops, desktops, iPads, VOIP phones, wireless routers, MFD printers across a range of hardware manufacturers (e.g. HP, Oce, Xerox, Cisco, Avaya, etc).
- Supporting software applications such as: Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Office 2010, Active Directory, SCCM 2012, Citrix systems, SharePoint and remote support of VPN connectivity and wireless infrastructure.
- Dealing with disaster recovery plans for business critical services providing multiple recovery options and procedures.
- Configuring and supporting Android devices
You’ll have already had exposure to ISO27001 or 20000 standards and have used these to help set up and maintain an effective information management system based on a continuous improvement approach. With knowledge of the installation and support of Microsoft Windows 2003 / 2008 Server you will also have comprehensive knowledge of PC TCP/IP installation, configuration and supporting network infrastructures, fault finding and terminology.
Occasionally you will be required to work in to our Exeter office, so will need a driving license and have access to a car.
About the Rewards:
Ideally you will hold ITIL v3 Foundation certification along with MCSE / MCDST certification.
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday - which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
- Hardware Support
- Desktop Application Support
- Recovery Plans
- V3 Foundation