Desktop Support Engineer - South Croydon
Make sure you hit "APPLY" if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment will be holding Candidate Registration Days in Wimbledon and Epsom over the next two weeks.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in on one of the days with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Open days take place between 9:00am - 5:30pm at the following locations:
Wimbledon - Thursday 3rd May 2018 - The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB
Epsom - Thursday 10th May 2018 - Global House, No 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, KT18 5AD
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- Your CV and National Insurance card/letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our offices if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Desktop Support Engineer
£25,356 - £28,479
Full-Time, 1 Year Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a leading independent school. Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to join a small but highly effective technical support team in South Croydon. The successful candidate must have experience and knowledge of Active Directory, WIFI, SharePoint Online and Office 365, Windows 10, all MS Office Suites, good organisational and problem-solving skills and excellent approach to providing customer service.
As a Desktop Support Engineer your role will be to:
- Be the first point of contact within the Service Desk for client telephony calls
- Troubleshoot and maintain all IT hardware and software
- Be responsible for ensuring all calls are dealt with in accordance with SLAs
- Publish processes and ensure that the procedures are followed at all times
- Receive and own issues; enquiries and change requests for support from clients and prioritise these requests accordingly adhering to SLAs
- Cisco Switching management to level 1 fault resolution
- Cisco WIFI Management and level 1 incident resolution
- Manage SCCM packages Creation and Deployment
- Perform a proactive role in monitoring systems
- Manage the escalation to 3rd Line Support for all relevant customer reported incidents
- Perform basic troubleshooting and diagnosis for all issues using the technical resources and monitoring tools available
- Ensure Incident Management procedures are followed
- Ensure accurate and relevant logging of all customer requests and incidents using call logging software
- Attempt to resolve user issues before they require escalating
- Provide direct support for the teacher & learning process, as required in particular role/location in liaison with the academic Head of IT.
- Manage all documentation and asset registers and provide users with training guides
- Support staff in using IT equipment and provide training on new software and hardware as necessary
To be able to successfully troubleshoot all aspects of the day-to -day use of the client’s network. This includes:
- Responsibility for SCCM incidents and procedures
- Ability to perform a wide range of hardware repairs and upgrades
- Ability to detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults
- Ability to follow instructions to install and upgrade client/server applications
- Ability to identify application compatibility issues
- Install software and CDs on server, trouble-shooting installation
- Maintain hardware and software
- Manage the structure of a VLE
- Create network shares and manage access rights
- Monitor system logs
- Note risks to IT systems and suggest precautions
- Follow extended maintenance procedures according to a defined schedule
- Ensure basic Health and Safety checks are carried out and escalate problems as required
- Follow relevant H&S procedures and raise awareness among staff, pupils and other users
- Able to work independently, to show initiative and to manage their own time
- To be able to work closely with suppliers, to place orders and to manage delivery and implementation of goods (hardware or software)
- Provide 2nd line support for the entire network infrastructure
- Prioritise problems and work towards their solution
- Record detailed diagnostic information
- Document systems and procedures
- Ensure that all computer facilities are ready to be used at the start of every day
- To undertake training and exams that are required to be completed in accordance with your yearly personal development plan
- Out of hours work will be needed from time to time to ensure the network is always available. This may require working at evenings and weekends from time-to- time
- Undertake appropriate learning and training as directed to keep abreast of development in IT as it relates to all of the school’s systems
- Undertake such duties as the Heads, or those delegated by them, may from time-to-time reasonably request within the level of the post, eg. Demonstration of IT facilities during public events
- The post holder must comply with the Data Protection Act 1988, the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and all other policies operating at the school.
- To report any Health & Safety problems relating to IT equipment to the Health & Safety Manager.
- Must have experience and knowledge of Active Directory, WIFI, SharePoint Online and Office 365, Windows 10
- Proficient in all MS Office Suites
- Exceptional organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent approach to providing customer service
- Active Directory
- 3rd Line Support
- Incident Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job