Job Title: Network Administrator & IT Support Analyst
Internal networks, IT Helpdesk and liaising with external software and hardware suppliers
Responsible to: IT Director
Main Purpose of the job:
To maintain the computer networks and help solve any problems that may occur with them. To provide IT support and help-desk assistance to all staff, helping resolve technical problems via e-mail, phone and in person.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems
- Identifying and solving problems that arise with the computer networks and systems
- Consulting with MCi4 (Network support contractor) to specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Assembling new systems and computers as either add-ons or replacements to the network.
- Maintaining specific software and hardware and upgrading any that has become obsolete.
- Monitoring the computer networks and systems to identify how performance can be improved.
- Providing IT support and help-desk assistance to all staff.
- Providing network administration and support
- Logging and processing support calls
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades.
- Setting up accounts for staff ensuring that they know how to log in.
- Solving password problems.
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of any problems they encounter.
- Responding to break-downs.
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving software and hardware faults.
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts.
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings.
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety.
- Maintaining records of software licences.
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Other tasks as directed by the IT Director.
Skills and Qualifications and training required:
- Computer science or electronic engineering qualifications
- The need to understand how to connect devices to form a fast and efficient network.
- Must have some experience of running networks or specific network operating systems.
- Any courses attended in networking or network design.
- Applicants will be allowed to study further when in the job.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends.
- Willingness to sometimes work unsociable hours when business needs dictate.
- IT and technical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Team-working skills
- Attention to detail
- An interest in fixing technical problems
- A logical mind
- Organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for continual learning.
- Applicants must be prepared to work out of our main offices in Barlborough Chesterfield.
- 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Overtime will be permitted at the discretion of the IT Director.
- 20 working days per holiday year plus all Bank Holidays
- An extra day's holiday is allocated for every year's service completed (with a cap of 5 years)
- Ad-hoc bonuses will be paid on performance above and beyond expectations.
- As soon as possible.
- desktop support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job