Desktop Support Analyst / 2nd Line Support
Gatwick Airport Limited (GAL) is the most efficient single runway airport in the world. It serves more than 46 million passengers to 228 destinations in 74 countries a year on a short and long-haul point-to-point basis. Gatwick is a major economic driver for the UK contributing £5.3 billion to national GDP, generating 85,000 jobs nationally, with around 24,000 jobs on the airport campus alone. Gatwick is a high growth business regularly achieving double digit year on year revenue growth.
To become the most efficient single runway in the world Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. GAL has won numerous awards in its history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. These awards include airport of the year; best airport; favourite airport for short-haul flights and marketing campaign of the year by a retailer.
Reporting to the Desktop Support Team Leader, you will be a member of the IT Operations team ensuring that timely solutions and a high level of customer service is delivered on a daily basis.
You will be a confident and knowledgeable Desktop Support Analyst who will be responsible for providing face to face and remote support to end users across the airport campus, acting as an escalation point from the 1st line Service Desk team. You will provide regular progress updates to customers either by telephone, email or in person.
The role is based in a busy airport and would ideally suit someone with experience of working in a fast paced environment, has experience of working within a technical role, has good listening and problem solving skills and enjoys interacting with customers on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for providing 2nd line IT support remotely or face to face
- As a 2nd line analyst, be the link between 1st line Service Desk Analysts and 3rd line Support
- To review, update and add solutions and fixes to the internal knowledge base
- Responsible for providing end user training where required to prevent repeat calls
- Responsible for providing training and advice to the Service Desk team members as required
- Take ownership of incidents, requests, problems and major incidents to reduce business impact
- Contact 3rd party suppliers for end user support and equipment maintenance
- Image, build and configure laptops and PCs in line with agreed standards
- Software installation and security patching
- Identify trends, log as problems and ensure that tickets are updated on a timely basis
- Escalate incident and problems to 3rd line support when required to ensure a solution is applied promptly
- Responsible for the allocation and recovery of IT assets as part of the joiners, movers, leavers process
- Support Microsoft office and in house applications
- Provide IT support for meeting rooms and training facilities
- Responsible for continuous feedback to the Desktop Support Manager to improve service delivery
- Responsible for filling our weekly timesheets to account for work performed
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with both technical and non-technical staff
- The ability to lead a focused team to deliver a step change in performanceQualifications and experience
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience of desk side support, including VIP support
- Installing OS (operating systems) on to machines
- Experience using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007/2014 within a network environment
- Experience of troubleshooting on various Windows OS and Windows Server (2003/2008/2012)
- Knowledge of Windows7, Office Suites (2010 & 2013) and core application suites
- Good understanding of Active Directory including admin, GPO
- Experience of using software deployment tools to remotely install software e.g. SCCM
- Understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and DHCP
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MSPS)
- ITIL foundation certificate
- Experience of software packaging desirable
- Experience in the aviation industry desirable
- 2nd line support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job