This is a superb opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven Desktop Support Engineer/Administrator to take ownership of this exciting, great opportunity.
Our clients' business is bespoke, fast moving and rapidly growing, therefore offering an excellent opportunity for progression in the future.
They are friendly, extremely professional and all work very hard to be successful and are looking for dedication and willingness.
Using your expertise and experience the role includes supporting approximately 30 users, ensuring that functionality performance is optimum and ensuring you are providing a high level of user satisfaction at all times.
Excellent customer relations experience is also essential as the role will also include troubleshooting in problem areas, both in person and by telephone, and sometimes via remote access, and in a timely and accurate fashion. You will also be supporting Client end users with software issues.
You will be providing a single point of contact for end users within Head Office and also at their satellite office, resolving and escalating issues and helping to ensure the ticket queue is in hand. Also maintain data for logging calls and incident management.
Other areas of this role includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and software and including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners.
You will also be building and configuring new PCs to standard specifications of OS therefore experience in this field would be advantageous.
Skills and experience required for the role:
- Knowledge and working experience of Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Anti-Virus, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ideally experience of ITIL, incident management, and other common service desk functions.
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in a desktop support role
- Experience in user or customer support.
- Knowledge and experience of configuring and networking Microsoft Windows based
computer systems, and ideally Windows 7 Professional.
- Experience of building/upgrading PC systems.
- Ideally exposure to Microsoft Windows Server environmen
- Experience supporting Mac OS X is not essential but would be beneficial
- Exposure to Unix/Linux.
It would be advantageous for the candidate to have Microsoft certifications, though other recognised certifications will also be of interest.
This position carries great company benefits including a laptop, mobile phone, private health care, parking and pension scheme.
This really is a great opportunity to take ownership of the role and join this ambitious organisation.
- Windows 7
- desktop support
- ITIL Framework
- Mac OS x
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job