An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio, as a Senior Project Manager in our Project Management Group.
A global ICT Services group consisting of several brands in 18 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America with an extensive history that extends over 125 years. It has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise, SMB and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Communication, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Product and Managed Services.
We offer a unique model that provides customers with a consistent IT service throughout the world, with one single point of contact and billing entity, delivering services to 90 countries. This is ranked number 3 globally according to Managed/Maintained End-user Devices with a total of 7.4M assets.
Our client support its employees to become experts in their field though development by an in-house University and an internal recruitment program.
Working as the IT Deskside Engineer you will be responsible in enabling our internal customer's to effectively use technology, by performing local workplace support activities to a proficient level. After working in this role for some time, you will have a strong technical appreciation of the Clients core desktop operating system, applications and services, supporting that normal operational service is returned as quickly as possible or new technology is delivered, within internally agreed business service levels.
- Act as an ambassador for IT by achieving the right balance between customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Create value by enabling internal customers in their daily work, owning incidents and IT requests, resolving and communicating on a timely basis.
- Assist with customer friendly, clear communication and timely feedback to the originator of outstanding Incidents or Requests. Manage escalations of customer issues, working closely with other services teams as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor and prioritise workloads. Ability to overcome obstacles in order to achieve their goals and objectives working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to provide support to the customer both on site and remote (through remote access tools and verbal / written communication). Ability to provide Smart hands support (example: mounting / unmounting network or server hardware, network patching, etc.)
- Good command of English language (and locally spoken language if different)
- Strong customer focused, ensuring the delivery of exceptional service and superior value.
- Previous hands-on experience working within an IT Customer Service environment providing proficient break/fix support in relation to the following technologies:
o Extensive desktop support skills with Windows 7 & 10 Operating Systems, Microsoft Office suite, Lenovo hardware and HP printer models.
o Provisioning and supporting desktop hardware, including PC's, Notebooks, Monitors, Printers, multifunctional media devices and other related hardware accessories.
o Application Support - Office 2010, and / or iPass VPN (an advantage)
o Mobile Device Support - iOS (iPhone/iPad) email services.
- Previous working experience using best practice IT Service Management tool sets in relation to effectively handling Customer's Tickets.
- ITIL knowledge specifically in relation to IT Service Operations (Incident, Problem, Request Management, and Asset Management) and adherence to other ITIL Service Management Processes.
- Experience of cross-functional working and cultural sensitivity.
- Desktop Engineer