We are thebigword, a global, technology enabled language solutions provider, that delivers translation (written word) and interpreting (spoken word) services. thebigword employs over 500 people based in 13 offices in 11 countries and we work with more than 12,000 linguists around the globe.
At the centre of thebigword is our passions to deliver customer focussed solutions, of the highest possible quality and making the global communication process smooth for over 2,500 public and private sector Clients.
We’re growing and want to hire a Desktop and Application Support Team Leader within our HQ in Leeds. Reporting to our Service Delivery Manager you will lead the day to day activities of the Desktop and Applications support team in line with recognised standards on a global basis, achieving agreed SLA’s and KPIs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Daily supervision of the Desktop and Applications support team, managing workload and tackling day to day problems as they arise
- Set and monitor team KPI’s and individual behavioural objectives
- Conduct regular 121 and team meetings in conjunction with the Service Desk Manager to understand and develop team capacity
- Work with the Service Manager to continuously improve the Desktop and Applications support operations.
- Manage the day to day tasks of the team in regards to Incident, Request, Problem and Change management to ensure agreed business and client SLAs are met through both team management and being "hands-on" when required.
- Work with the Service Manager, ensure that appropriate team resources are deployed appropriately to provide global support cover with agreed hours (currently 08:00 - 22:30 GMT/BST)
- Communicating outage/emergency activities to the organisation.
- Provide data for the reporting of KPI’s and trends to the Service Manager
- Mentor internal employees to improve overall IT service awareness and capability.
- Work with other members of the Technology team to improve our own internal infrastructure to improve value for money, availability, serviceability and security.
- Improve the perception of Technology by improving communication, developing a consultative approach to new implementations and delivering work items within agreed deadlines
- Leading, developing and managing a team
- Excellent communication
- Stakeholder management
- Problem solving and decision making
- Providing excellent customer service
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Comprehensive, hands on technical skills across the Service Desk, including:
- Microsoft Desktop Support
- Applications Support
- Systems administration
- Troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service
- Demonstrable team senior analyst and/or team leader experience of an ITIL-aligned Service Desk/Applications support team.
- Strong communication skills through being able to articulate technical matters at the right level to all parties involved at the time.
- Experience of communication with both external and internal clients
- Demonstrable experience of improving an IT service function - Desirable
We offer a full training and support program with competitive rates of pay and the opportunity to be part of the most prestigious and fastest growing language service organisation.
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the necessary requirements to fit the role, then please click the "apply online" button
Please note: Due to the nature of our business, all successful applicants will be required to complete a basic criminal records disclosure.
thebigword is committed to encouraging diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination in our working environment. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. As an International company that operates worldwide and due to the nature of our industry we are a multicultural company. We have a large diverse Client base which demands diversity amongst our employees to be able to service our Clients effectively, thus meaning we employ people from different cultures and we do not discriminate against people on grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, religion, age, gender reassignment, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job