SC Clearance is required for this role.
The Deskside Support Engineer is required to provide software support and hardware support, both remotely and at the desk side on IT products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Location: Customer site - The Strand, London
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Act as a first point of contact for users in order to assist with first-time fixes.
- Assist with ad-hoc IT related tasks as and when required.
- Cover IT-related items outside of the SOW in order to support this VIP site.
- Maintain flexibility in order to service the SLA.
- Provide high quality, highly visible deskside support functions to the customer.
- Install pre-defined computer 'images’ onto PCs in line with installation procedures.
- Perform diagnostic services using all available resources, including the use of other customer-based and external support parties.
- Manage hardware repair through the customer defined warranty routes.
- Open tickets and work with the service desk where required, including any external support parties for hardware equipment failures or software-related issues.
- Update call management systems with relevant notes to aid the customer, the end user, other teams and other members within our own team with resolutions, customer updates and escalations.
- Provide alternative solutions, including a "Box/Hardware Swap" where possible to provide a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the user.
- Perform IMac activities as defined within the customer contract.
- Provide remote support to end users.
- Provide simple patching services both from floor to desktop equipment and within the comms room.
- Provide simple cabling diagnostic services.
- Ensure the Team Leaders are aware of any potential escalations.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Overtime when required for out-of-hours/project activity.
- Update Asset Database systems and spreadsheets.
- Occasionally provide cover to sites at other locations as required (for backfill and busy periods) in order to help maintain the overall SLA.
- Assist in logistics, stock management and asset tracking when required.
- Deskside experience
- Strong product-related technical background
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 and above
- SCCM knowledge
- Manual installations, handovers and user end-training
- A good understanding of VoIP telephony concepts
- VPN/Wireless knowledge
- Can work to SLAs
- A good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory technologies
- A good understanding of Microsoft Exchange messaging products in an AD environment
- Work as a member of the team to provide the most effective method of service delivery
- Cover any IT-related tasks when required within the scope of the contract
- VIP/Exec support
- Knowledge of basic printer maintenance
- Full UK driving license
- Established skills in specific products
- Proven product-related technical skills
- Solid understanding of other technical areas
- Communication skills
- "Can do" attitude
- Approachable and willing to approach
- Excellent customer facing skills
- VIP/Executive support
- Ability to prioritise
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Problem management
- Lateral multi-tasking ability
- Ability to make quick, accurate, decisive decisions in order for service delivery to meet SLAs
- Ability to work under pressure as an individual or within a team
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Hardware Support
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job