This role is part of a team of Desk Side Assist (DSA) Engineers on site with a variety of Customers. Each DSA reports to a Team Leader, who in turn reports to the DSA Manager within the Customer Services Department. Each DSA is tasked with providing optimal value to our business by providing on site IT support at the first and second line at one or several of our customers’ premises.
- Log or update all IT enquiries that reach you (by phone, email, IM, or in person etc) in the central ticketing system. Ensure that tickets are updated daily, unless there is an agreement evidenced for them to be on hold for a specific time period.
- Provide technical desktop and application support to staff in person on site, or to remote workers as required. Undertake technical troubleshooting and research issues with the relevant manufacturers or vendors as required.
- Escalate tickets that require help from other resolvers in order to deliver best practice customer service or to achieve SLA.
- Be involved in both reactive and problem management of customer IT issues in line with ITIL best practices. Contribute to Problem Record documents and conference calls as required.
- Comply with the requirements of both the Customer’s and One Advanced Change Management processes. Contribute to Change Request documents and CAB meetings as required.
Take ownership of work required on site to create and support processes for:
o Incident Management
o Service Request Fulfilment
o Procurement and Licensing
o Asset and configuration management,
o New starter and leaver processes in conjunction with any HR / Facilities requirements.
o Desk or office moves,
o Supervising IT contractors when on site,
o Completing periodic audits (of security, or equipment or for regulatory purposes),
o Hardware or software roll outs or upgrades to individuals,
o Desk side patch management
o Ad hoc project implementations as required by our Professional Services division.
- Represent the customer services department in customer facing meetings as required and follow up on the actions required. Provide feedback on what is required from the customer for us to work more effectively as an extension of their IT department.
- Take responsibility for producing and updating a One Advanced Customer Information Pack about this customer that other Desk Side Engineers will refer to before coming to site.
- Run inductions and mentor other Desk Side Engineers when they visit the customer site so that they complete the required inductions to work effectively in the customer’s systems.
- Be a point of contact during Major Incidents and represent the customer site. This will provide effective customer knowledge to the resolver team dealing with the incident, but also will assist in the management of any end user testing and sign off required.
- Contribute to the One Advanced knowledge base for that customer by documenting required run book processes, procedures, and solutions to known errors.
- Review the monthly Service Report that is issued to the customer, and agree with your team leader or the customers’ Service Delivery Manager the specific improvement actions required by the onsite team.
- Provide regular feedback to your line manager on initiatives that would improve the service provided to the customers. This includes but is not exclusively relating to satisfaction surveys.
- At least 12 months’ previous experience in a 2nd Line Desk Side Support Engineer role.
- Experienced in providing VIP support in person.
- Certificates in Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 2000 > Windows 7) and server administration is preferable.
- Comprehensive hardware knowledge including mobile devices.
- Active Directory, Exchange and Back Up Software Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (ideally Office 2010 onwards).
- Experience of network and software patching.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, communicating with diverse customers of varying levels of IT experience.
- Conscientious and motivated, capable of working on their own on site as required.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and coverage hours.
- Study of technical troubleshooting techniques and latest technologies to remain current.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certificate or higher is mandatory.
Other experience is desirable in the following technology areas:
- VPN Technology
- Cisco Switching
- Virtualisation (VMWare & Hyper-V)
The working day can vary depending on which customer site you are assigned to. Generally, these are standard office hours (9 - 5.30) however some of customers may require you to work from 07:00 and finish at 19:00 on an alternating shift basis. There will be a requirement to work on weekends and to assist with on call duties out of standard office hours by arrangement. The work required will depend on the customers’ schedules for patching and projects.
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Join the A Team
Does this sound like the kind of role you are looking for?
If you are keen to join an organisation that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply via the link above.
Some of our Key Benefits are: