Designer - Glasgow - £excellent salary/benefits package
Change Recruitment Group’s exclusive client, one of the UKs most exciting & fastest growing ecommerce businesses, is recruiting for a Digital Designer to join their team in Glasgow. They are an established, globally facing brand within its sector and are backed by significant heavyweights within industry. As they enter this exciting growth phase and embark on the next journey in the company’s evolution they are looking for a talented digital designer to be part of the team.
My client’s website is the key customer engagement channel and, working closely with the senior management, you will be expected to develop new ideas and concepts via a stylish, innovative, use of photography, illustration and graphic design that will improve the customer experience whilst also increasing conversion rates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and publishing all owned creative digital assets of the website
- Working closely with the marketing team to deliver weekly home pages, lookbooks, digital magazine and email campaigns
- Working closely with the PR team to create digital and print assets around product launches, print designs of packaging, stationary, insets, ads and catalogues
- Editing, re-sizing, re-touching and re-colouring photography from both owned and suppliers photo libraries
- Website wireframes and designs, working in a collaborative, data-driven manner with other teams
- Front End Web Design, including improving the user experience
Experience /Skills Required:
- Ownership of designated projects, not just producing designs but also comfortable handling the wider business relationships too.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the design process, from research or requirements gathering, through to delivery. This means understanding the user, sketching, wireframing, prototyping and producing high quality designs.
- A strong interest in typography, colour and layout.
- An understanding of the value of UX and involving real people as part of the design process.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is desirable but not essential and you'll have plenty of experience working with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and Microsoft Office Packages
- Experience of graphic design and retail environments
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at the start of a journey. If you have fresh ideas and are able to execute them with dynamic style that will work across both print and digital media "APPLY TODAY".