Our client is an award-winning gift, beauty and stationery company, supplying leading retailers around the globe.
They are seeking a new Designer to join their team. This is a varied role that will involve you designing new product, packaging and retail concept. You must have an excellent eye for design, colour, trend and innovation. You must have a passion for retail and be excited to work on fun and novelty gift ideas. You will have experience of SolidWorks and ideally ZBrush.
Within this Designer role, day to day duties will include:
- Designing innovative product, packaging and point of sale displays.
- Working on both branded & own label projects.
- Creating eye catching pitch boards for retail customers.
- Taking part in creative sessions to generate new ideas.
- Taking feedback well and making changes to designs to meet the needs of the business and its customers.
- Work closely with Product Developers and Sales - taking feedback on designs and amending accordingly.
- Taking briefs from the Head of Design and developing designs within agreed timelines.
- Suggesting review products design that are not meeting target margin and find ways to improve.
- Ensuring your work is always aligning to the critical path and business priorities.
- Mocking up packaging and displays where necessary, displaying a strong understanding of functionality, quality and structure in relation to the product.
- Developing renders and 3D models of fixtures to present to customers.
- Working with the in-house compliance team to ensure all requirements are met and packaging meets all needs legally.
- Working closely with the Senior Designer to develop new fixture solutions for tradeshows
- Supporting the wider design team on graphic design briefs where necessary..
- Supporting product, packaging and marketing teams with 3D CAD resource.
The successful Designer applicant will have the following experience
- 3 + Years’ experience working as a designer designing products and displays for retailers.
- Excellent working knowledge of SolidWorks, ZBrush and Adobe Suite.
- Experience working within the Gift and novelty sector working across branded and private label ranges.
- Good time management skills, be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs.
- Positive attitude to life and work!
Why you’ll love this job:
- An award-winning business.
- Really lovely team and working environment.
- Their impressive client list and diverse range of exciting products.
What they’ll love about you:
- You’re a mind of new ideas, and always have a new spin to put on something.
- Your passion for design and the brand.
- Your winning personality!
If you think working with this exciting, cool company is right up your street, please get in touch with your portfolio!
- Idea Generation