We require an experienced Designer/Solution Architect to work alongside our existing Design team to help us deliver changes to our architecture to enable integration with a new SaaS Asset Management package.
The candidate will work across a number of Agile projects to design change in alignment with the overall architecture strategy, taking on significant responsibility for the technical delivery and ensuring quality of the solution. The candidate will work closely with Business Analysts and our development team to ensure all functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied as we provide data from our numerous Systems of Record to the cloud based SaaS applications. In addition to producing high quality documentation, you will be expected to advise on technical best practice (for example architectural/design patterns, appropriate uses of technology, future technology roadmaps) and support the technical implementation.
Key Skill Requirements:
Extensive experience of working with key users in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software that meets company standards and business need.
- Considerable experience of the full development lifecycle of complex large scale & multi-user applications, particularly CRM systems
- Considerable experience of application development using at least three of the following tools on Oracle 10g/11g platforms within a commercial environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical details in non-technical terms, to influence senior stakeholders in the solution design, and to facilitate workshops and presentations in a confident manner.
- Experience of discussing and capturing requirements with business analysts and the user community
- Influencing skills both with peers and the user community in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software
- Extensive experience of working with application support functions to ensure a smooth and efficient handover of development work into a live environment
- Monitoring and research of emerging technologies within interest to the department and the ability to identify and demonstrate their value to the department
- Ability to Solve Problems quickly and competently
- Extensive experience of working alongside system architects and data management functions to provide technical solutions within a mature and complex system architecture
- Experience of supplier liaison where development projects involve 3rd party technologies
- Exposure to a variety of development methodologies
- Experience with web services and/or integrating with cloud solutions
- Experience with ETL processes
- Design/Architectural patterns
- Experience of the Utilities industry
- Experience of large modular architectures
- Exposure to different development methodologies
- Exposure to Enterprise Architecture modelling tools (e.g. Sparx EA)
- Experience in SOA/Event driven architectures
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job