Accountable for the design of seasonally relevant apparel collections which align to the commercial brief and line-plan whilst implementing the creative direction. Understands and adheres to key dates and gates so that orders can be placed on-time and according to the seasonal calendar.
A sports / fashion Retailer with a rich heritage, offering a creative environment with significant opportunity to make an impact.
- Research and interpret global consumer, market and design trends and input into seasonally relevant concepts, ensuring their application onto apparel offerings.
- Manage individual workload and timelines.
- Assist in the creation of the seasonal colour palette.
- Use the line plan to ensure all target prices are adhered to.
- Create accurate tech packs enabling easy understanding for development and factories.
- Contribute to the innovation agenda, identifying new ideas in the marketplace as well as formulating your own.
- Work with the supply chain team to ensure the apparel team is aware of limitations and the supply chain team is aware of future requirements.
- Be a role model, maintaining a positive attitude and supporting the broader team.
- Uphold the global brand positioning guidelines, or challenge where necessary, to ensure consideration of new product and program ideas.
- Contribute to protection of intellectual property.
- Ensure the apparel design/development calendar is clearly understood and upheld.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, calling-out any risk to key dates, associated impacts and options to get back on-track as well as updating on current projects.
- Implement the creative vision for the brand and ensure execution within apparel.
- Ensure that all briefs contain the required information and are thoroughly understood before you begin a project.
- Together with the development and supply chain team, review all designs prior to development and all prototypes prior to being offered to licensees to ensure alignment with the commercial brief, the brand plan and seasonal sourcing plan.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Apparel Designer, with a creative flair coming from the Sports / Fashion Retail industry.
This role will be covering whilst the company recruit someone on a permanent basis. As such we are looking for someone experienced with a desire to work on a freelance basis.
A competitive daily rate, with the ability to be part of an exciting, creative Design process.