The job involves proving fitness for use of individual modules and/or entire complex instrumentation systems.
- Liaising with designers to ensure DFM/DFT principles are observed.
- Devising test suites that ensure coverage of all design goals as specified in datasheets, design documents and published standards.
- Design of individual tests (jigs and scripting) for testing of both analogue and digital circuits.
- Investigation and isolation of exceptions discovered.
- Documentation to a high standard of all results and exceptions.
- Liaison with designers and/or technical management to resolve all issues arising.
- Transfer of type testing routines to final production tests as and where appropriate.
- Approval of engineering documentation including schematics, bills of material, production assembly instructions etc.
- Contribution to and approval of datasheets.
- Adherence to and/or contribution to the development of ISO 9001 approved departmental procedures and work instructions.
- Maintaining an awareness of current state of the art and competing technologies in the market.
- Qualified to at least primary degree level or equivalent
- Significant amount of experience in a verification or development role.
- Thorough knowledge of both analogue and digital electronics.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal are essential as is ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Previously experience of working in an AS9100 certified environment
- Experience with Python and/or C++
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of Ireland.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Curtiss Wright, Avionics and Electronics, is a leading supplier of electronic data acquisition systems to the world's Aerospace Industry. Customers include Airbus, BAE Systems, Boeing, EADS, the European Space Agency and NASA. The ACRA business unit employs 130 people in areas such as product design, production, and customer support and is based in Clonskeagh, Dublin 14.
Curtiss Wright, offers an attractive remuneration package, an excellent working environment, and the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job