As the original travel company for the young, wild and free, we’ve perfected the art of travel for 18-35 year old’s. The Contiki brand is a unique phenomenon. 50 years of heritage, but with a burning desire to stay cutting edge in the youth space. Global reach (with the resources to match), but dynamic enough that you will have significant influence over the overall direction of the brand. Best of all? We’re selling a product that genuinely changes people’s lives. Contiki Marketing Lab is the agency team providing full mix services for the Contiki brand, and is part of BS&T Digital.
About the role:
Experience is everything at Contiki. Whether it is the adventures we design for 100,000+ travellers each year, or crafting digital products reaching every country throughout the globe, we want to deliver world class experiences that inspire and delight.
Day to day you will lead a design team with a focus on UX, UI and digital design, but also including designers with more broad design skillsets. You’ll know how to keep a team highly motivated and results-focused, but without losing any focus on energy, creativity and innovation. The team sits within a broader marketing team spanning creative disciplines including content/editorial, videographers, editors/writers, as well as ecommerce, performance marketing and a lively development team.
You will be hands on, with an eye for both beautiful design and intuitive, enjoyable experiences. You need to enjoy a pacey, driven environment, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities while retaining focus.
You are up to speed with best practice and innovation, but you know deep down it’s about relating to people. Because you understand this, you don't talk in riddles or jargon and can distil what needs to be done easily. You can talk tech when you need to though (with the right people).
- Abundantly confident but not arrogant. You are used to dealing with strong personalities up to senior level.
- Fascinated by culture, trends, consumer behaviour and tech.
- Able to lead on design, product strategy and best practice
- A fast learner, innovative, curious, keen to get on and make a difference
A blend of irreverence, fun and passion for adventure
- Overall responsibility for delivering world calls digital experiences, and owning the UX, UI design and digital design proposition from inception to delivery
- Leading a team of digital and UX/UI designers; inspiring them and growing their capabilities to bring leading edge user centred design thinking across the business
- Keep up with new UX technologies, techniques and tools to foster innovation
- Owning the team’s work to ensure delivery of meaningful digital experiences, as well as consistency and high quality output, delivered to timeline.
- Be able to work in the detail of design, but also elevate to understand and direct the strategic approach and overarching business objectives
- Work with software developers to ensure the flows and interactions are built to specification
- Prioritisation, planning, estimation and resourcing of work with product ownership team
- Representing the design function (and our users) in discussions with senior stakeholders
- Be an active part of the wider creative and marketing team to collaborate, manage the delivery of work execute on marketing objectives
- Working with the product owner team to define a robust insights plan (including qualitative/quantitative info, user testing and analytics), feeding into the UX process
- Define information architecture to create user centric solutions, and collaborating with the content team to deliver on content needs
Required skills and experience:
- Fluent in wire framing/prototyping, as well as design provision (Sketch, InVision, Adobe etc)
- An understanding of what’s possible/the practicalities of HTML, CSS and CMS
- A proven track record in delivering well thought out, insight driven, multi-channel strategies and solutions, with a strong understanding of wider business impacts and considerations
- Experience across all areas of UX and the design process including: research, insights, strategy, experience architecture, IA, design, multiple device formats, optimisation, testing and analytics
- The ability to work at a strategic conceptual level but equally comfortable in the detailed definition of a well thought out experience.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work to deadlines
- University education (ideally to bachelor level in a relevant discipline)
- Passionate about 'the user' and extraordinary experiences with a desire to be part of the digital revolution, 3+ years’ experience working in a team leadership role
- Team Management
- User Interface
- Wire Framing
- User Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job