Tradewind Recruitment are acting on behalf of a Chester secondary school and are looking for a Design Technology Teacher to start In January 2021 to teach textiles to GCSE level. This position is full time and will continue until the end of the year. The school is happy to consider applications from newly qualified teachers.
Our client is a popular "good" rated ofsted school which has been praised for its effective senior leadership team and boasts strong and passionate subject leaders amongst their staff.
As a Design Technology Teacher you will have access to a supportive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations. The development of the curriculum for Design Technology and Textiles aims to incorporate new software to challenge and excite students.
As a long-term term teacher of Design Technology you are expected to plan, teach and mark in line with school policies and following the school syllabus. On long-term supply you may have additional responsibilities including extra-curricular clubs, lunch time duties and parents evening. It is an expectation of a long-term supply teacher that you would carry out your duties similar as a permanent member of staff would do.
For this position, you will be responsible for:
* Undertaking full class teaching responsibility for Design Technology, specifically textiles, from Year 7 through to Year 11
* Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils, as well as on their personal and social needs
* Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and preparing students for exams in line with GCSE requirements
To be considered for this position you must:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status or UK equivalent
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Be an outstanding teacher with excellent curriculum subject knowledge
- Be a committed professional with a determination to make a difference
- Be an organised, enthusiastic proactive person
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update
service, or be willing to apply for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work).
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Design Technology Teacher position based in Chester or call for more information.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'