Design Technology Teacher
We are currently seeking qualified Teachers of Design Technology who have experience of delivering, marking and assessing one or more of the following subject areas at KS3 and KS4:
Textiles, Electronics, Engineering, Food Technology, Graphics, Product Design or Resistant Materials.
Secondary schools in the Preston and surrounding area are looking for a teacher who is passionate, engaging and enthusiastic about their subject.
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons to inspire and engage KS3 & KS4 pupils
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures
The successful applicant will:
- Have a Bachelor of Education, PGCE or UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- Have experience of teaching their subject to KS3 & KS4
- Be an inspirational role model; committed to their own learning and that of others
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a passion for the subject
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £100-£165 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please contact Laura Porter on
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'