Prospero teaching are actively seeking a dynamic teacher of Design Technology to join the established and successful Technology department. Specialising in Product Design the ideal candidate will bring new ideas, experience and a forward thinking approach to the department.
Role: Product Design teacher
Specialist area: Product Design
Starting: September 2018
The school is located in Barnet.
This role represents a superb career opportunity for a candidate who is well-organised, willing to 'go the extra mile' and who will be focused on the attainment of their students accepting no excuse for underachievement.
The school has high academic standards coupled with a strong emphasis on developing students’ social and learning skills. The school welcomes students of all academic abilities and maximises their potential. We are also a vibrant and culturally diverse community.
The design technology department is well structured, managed and successful. The team deliver key stage 3 and key stage 4. There are 3 workshops spaces for product design based practical activities as well as ICT suites available when required. The team offers a dedicated technician who provides outstanding levels of support. AQA is followed with Year 8s and year 9s and Product Design is a very, very popular subject and results have been outstanding so the team are seeking someone to maintain and improve the results! The Design Technology Department is a really, really positive, well-resourced department.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Work with engaging students
- Enjoy an inspiring new building
- Work in a high performing and supportive team
- Work with other creative and inspiring teachers
- Take part in extra-curricular trips and visits
The successful candidate will have:
* Qualified Teacher Status,
* The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results,
* A passion for Food and the ability to share this with young people
* Excellent classroom management skills
* Excellent organisational and ICT skills
* The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
* You are a fully qualified teacher (PGCE,QTS,B'ED etc.
* You can provide 2 teaching references within the last 2 years.
* You hold the right to work in the UK.
* You have a DBS or are willing to complete one.
* You have passion for Education.
* You have a provable track record of teaching Design technology KS3-KS4.
* An innovator with drive and determination
Interviews are taking place IMMEDIATELY so please send through your CV as soon as possible if you are interested in this role.
PLEASE NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted
We are looking for NQTs right through to very experienced teachers.
Prospero Teaching recruit teachers for supply, long term teaching or permanent teaching jobs, for schools across the UK.
If you are interested in working as a nursery nurse, classroom assistant, primary teacher, secondary teacher, teaching assistant, SENCO, school support staff, SEN Teacher, NQT’S, contact Prospero Teaching today to register.
Prospero Teaching, have teaching positions across, North London, West London, East London, South East London, South West London, West midlands and all Home Counties including, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey and Kent
- Design Technology
- Qualified Teacher