Design Project Engineer - Newcastle - Perm role - Day Shift - £38,000 - £40,000+Overtime
Your new company
Our client is a global oilfield products company, serving the subsea, drilling, completion, production and infrastructure sectors of the oil and natural gas industry. They bring together some of the most well-known brands in the industry with an extensive range of mission critical products and services
Your new role
You will be an experienced Design/Project Engineer and assist the engineering team with their work in designing and delivering the specialised business line products. You will be reporting to the Senior Engineering Manger and working in the Subsea Technology division.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Attend kickoff, expediting and pre-sales meetings with clients.
- Compliance to industry standards such as ASME 31.3, 31.8; ASME VIII; API 7K, PD 5500
- Design of systems with high pressures and vertical loading
- Check drawings, procedures and calculations produced by team members for accuracy, tolerances and presentation.
- Interpret clients' requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and/or engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Evaluate, organise and prioritise work within each overall project schedule.
- Develop project-specific drawings, design calculations and procedures for the work to be carried out.
- Continually liaise with clients to ensure that project engineering tasks meet contractual requirements and that all contractual variations are maintained to support subsequent commercial claims.
- Oversee the various stages of development for a variety of products and projects from concept to procurement/production and on through dispatch.
- Maintain a commercial awareness of projects (variations, liquidated damages, budget, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Engineering Manager and Plant Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have:
- Extensive experience of in design of high load structures in terms pressure and vertical loading.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in similar role.
You will also be competent in:
- High pressure component design in accordance with industry technical standards such ASME VIII, PD 5500, ASME 31.3, ASME 31.8, etc.
- Competent in using 3D CAD software.
- FEA, MathCAD
What you'll get in return
Our client is creating a number of new opportunities across many experience levels. With the right qualifications, attitude and commitment, there's almost no limit to how high you can go. If you are a dedicated individual who is ready to move your career in a positive new direction then this is the right company for you.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- project engineer
- desgn engineer
- subsea engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job