Design Office Manager (Engineering)
Our client is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. The client seeks an experienced Engineering Design Office Manager who performs a key role in managing the work and performance of the Design Office.
- Accept project briefs, manage liaison with appropriate functions, and plan the detail and workflow through department.
- Ensure all completed work is correct and meets the standards required.
- Manage the maintenance of Technical Project Files.
- Liaise with all other relevant departments to ensure the Design Department meets company requirements ongoing, maintain standard production support.
- Work closely with the senior management team in the planning, organisation, directing, achieving and coordinating of activities and resources of the design office.
- Develop engineering skills and knowledge in other areas of the business such as planning, site developments, energy systems, etc.
- Maximise individual productivity and effectiveness by complying with all operating procedures and requirements, by following all health and safety rules and guidelines and by making sure that all the members of your team do the same.
- Keep abreast of staff requirements, liaise with recruitment department assist with interview and selection of new staff where necessary.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent leadership and man- management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Comfortable with detail and complex situations, can evaluate a situation or process and contribute to or create outright solutions.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercial and Financial acumen
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Proven supervisory experience
- Very strong technical and execution capabilities with ability to solve technical problems and details.
- High level of Health and safety awareness, preferably trained in IOSH/NEBOSH
- Can fluently use IT for a variety of office functions
Keywords Autocad heavy engineering plant inventor manager